Today I said "no more, quit wishing and start doing." I started small with a recipe I have been wanting to try. So I made Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Bow tie Pasta.

It was so amazing all I can say is WOW. My chicken didn't look as pretty as this one that was posted on Pinterest but it was very good. The best part about it though was the satisfaction of actually completing something. Since being on Pinterest I have done some small projects but I also have 4 projects still waiting to be completed. My goal this week is to finish everything I start. The feeling I had after doing this small task tonight made me remember how important it is to finish things I start. I think many people in this world have so much on their plate that we feel we don't have time for those little insignificant things or we think we might and start something and then realize we were wrong and just put them on the back burner.
While on my mission I served on this island called Carti Tupile. On this island we were teaching people on our island as well as a neighboring island. We didn't really go to the other island much because it involved finding someone to take us in their canoe which was hard to do. One Sunday we were asked to go pick up some investigators from our neighboring island but no one was willing to take us. Rather then give up we decided to borrow someones canoe, if no one would take us we would go ourselves. It seemed like a good idea at the time but let me tell you, two sister missionaries that don't even know how to row a canoe in the middle of the ocean is very scary.We could have easily turned back but we were determined to get there and even though it took us forever and we ended up missing half of church we got there and back safely. I sometimes think what would have happened if we would have put this task on the back burner because we had so many other things we needed to do.
I think about this experience and then I think about what we typically do in our regular lives. Now what gets really sad is when we are so busy with everything in our life that we sometimes tend to put important things like family, friends, and even our faith on that very same back burner because there are so many other things going on. Before we know it we are way far from where we are supposed to be because of all our busy distractions. This has happened to me before, actually it happened to me recently. It took amazing speakers at the Phoenix, Time Out For Women Conference that made me realize what I was doing wrong and helped me start to fix it. My pledge to everyone is to become a better family member, friend, and wife and not let life distract me from whats important anymore. I'm going to finish what I've started and not put anything on the back burner. Who's with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment