CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rough Patch

The last month or so has been pretty rough for me. Let me try to explain myself. Daniel and I have been trying to work on our relationship its just something that you have to keep working on the rest of our lives but anyone who is married knows that after 3 years things start to slow down, they become a little less exciting. In the beginning of a relationship things are all about the two of you and nothing else matters. Slowly you have to let it go because you still have to work you still have to socialize, and fulfill your church callings. There is just so many things that you have to do as an adult that sometimes it just gets to become to much. Some people are great at going through the day to day and giving 100% to everything they do. I on the other hand have never been very good juggling. Let me explain further......

I have put 100% in my work to the point where I'm exhausted because of how much I work. Its good though because I have made myself indispensable at Heritage Middle School. Everyone comes to me for help because they know that I know what I'm doing. I'm the youngest one there but still they come to me because I know my stuff. This is a good thing because I work so hard at work that I feel appreciated when I'm there. The downside is that when I get home I am so exhausted that I have a hard time doing anything.

I have put no effort in my social life lately which makes me really sad. My friends have their lives to and I'm sure they have their issues as I have mine. One of the good things that Daniel and I have put in place is that every Thursday we have a day all to ourselves where we can hang out with friends, work on projects, whatever we want to do. The bad thing about that is that we have the same couple friends so when he goes out with the guys the girls cant go do anything because they all have kids. I fear that I have alienated myself so much that even if they have the opportunity to they will not want to because I have been so busy and have not been a very good friend.

Lastly I have really had a hard time with all my medical issues lately. Ill admit I'm just plain bitter about it. When you are in the hospital they have this pain chart that looks like this



Now out of the 7 days in a week about 5 of them I spend in pains 8 or above. This Endomitriosis really puts a damper on how much fun I can have because things are not fun for me if I'm in pain.
I really wanted to write this so people really understand what I have been going through. I know I am no different from anyone else and I know people go through things everyday and my issues are no excuse to be the way I am but I promise I am trying to be better. I need to try harder to not put my work ahead of everything else I need to try harder to to be balanced and learn to juggle everything in my life. If anyone has any has any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want this to be just a sob story so I do want to post what Daniel and I have started to do to keep things exciting and to help us be better for each other.

1. Every Friday Date night no matter what.
2. Thursdays is a day we have to ourselves to do whatever we want to do.
3. On Saturdays we do something fun one saturday is mine then the next one is his and we alternate that way so we cant complain about who gets to do more.

This has worked immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment