CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Nance

Disclaimer: I thought I had posted this awhile ago but I guess it didnt take so Im going to try it again.

Ok so today was a very interesting day for me. At work today there was a kid that just refused to do work so I gave him a pep talk. I told him that sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do and I explained that even as an adult I do things everyday that I don't want to do but have to. I used the example of my job I told him that I would much rather stay home and work on my projects, spend time with my family, do more things out doors anything but go and work all day. Then I went on to say even though we don't want to do things sometimes we just have to do them. The benefit of me going to work everyday is being able to pitch in with money and to satisfy my Hobby Lobby addiction. I told him he would benefit from doing his work because he would get good grades and finish school. I started to think of all the things I have done in my life not because I really wanted to but out of necessity. As I was driving home I thought about it until I got to this Carniceria that I was going to so I could pick up something to make for dinner. I walked in and that's when I saw a this.....



For those of you that don't know what that is its something called Nance. When I was on mission people would make juice and soup out of it and give it to us with meals and sometimes when we would come over to teach. This is the most disgusting thing I have ever had in my life it has a distinct smell so even just the smell would make anyone sick. Now when thinking about things I have done in my life that I really didn't want to do Nance is huge on that list. I probably drank and ate 15 or so gallons of Nance juice and soup that I drank/ate so as not to offend investigators and members in Panama. I decided to have Daniel try it since he never has. I was going to put the video on here but I just cant do that to him Sorry.

Anyways there is a point to this I promise. Does anyone else think that we do to many things cause we have to not because we want to. I bet if we counted all the things we do the majority would be things we do out of necessity not things we love. I would like to challenge everyone to count those things. If your like me I counted and 90% of the things I do are things I don't want to. This doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing those things because those things are important to but if I can get those more even then I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment