Thursday was seriously a terrible day. I went in for surgery I was supposed to get a mass caused by endomitriosis taken off my left ovary...... I went in at 11 and I think the worst part of the surgery was the waiting. They put an IV in my hand which didn't really hurt it was just annoying to have a foreign object in my body. Then they put these super tight stockings on to help with blood clots which were even more uncomfortable then the IV. When they finally came to take me everything just happened so fast I was out of surgery before I knew it. Now the bad part of the day wasn't all the stuff that I have already said, the bad part was that they weren't able to take the mass out. They said that things were worse than they thought. With endomitriosis there are 4 levels and they said that I have an extreme case of level 4 the highest level. The doctor told Daniel that he hasn't seen anything like it in a long time.
So what happens next? Well I will have to go to my post op. appointment in about 3 weeks. They will be giving me shots to cause me go into menopause for six months to help reduce the mass and in March of next year I will undergo surgery again and this time it wont be so quick and easy I will have to stay in the hospital for a couple of days. Now this doesn't mean that we wont be able to have kids after the surgery in March we have to try desperately hard to get pregnant because there is only a short window where we can plus getting pregnant will help keep my problem dormant for those 9 months. Its upsetting news I thought I was going to come out of surgery and be fine. I guess if I can find anything good from this is that when we finally can have a kid it will be because we planned for it and we will appreciate it more since it was so hard to get to have it. I am so grateful for everyone who has helped me in this hard time in my life. I am grateful for those people bringing us food and for all the phone calls and visits from people checking in on me. I love you all.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment