The Finished product! It was $30 for all 3 pieces. It cost $25 for supplies plus $20 for the knobs. So in total it was $75 for all 3. I saw something similar to this on pinterest and they wanted $250 for the desk alone I saved so much doing it by myself and it was so much fun and gratifying knowing that its my work.
Friday, January 13, 2012
Furniture remake
I got this desk and chair for $20 at the D.A.V.

I reupholstered the chair with fabric I got on clearance at hobby lobby and bought a can of off white spray paint and a small jar of black paint to get the old antique look. Total for these supplies $15.
I then bought some turquoise paint for $10. I sanded down the desk and stained it but then found that it was an unnecessary step seeing as I ended up using the black paint to distress it anyway. After a couple of coats of paint I used a wire brush to scrape the surface then used black paint to get the distressed look. I bought new knobs at Hobby Lobby which ended up costing more than I liked they were $20.
I also had bought a mirror at the D.A.V. awhile back for $10 and I used the same paint as the chair and the same technique to distress it.

The Finished product! It was $30 for all 3 pieces. It cost $25 for supplies plus $20 for the knobs. So in total it was $75 for all 3. I saw something similar to this on pinterest and they wanted $250 for the desk alone I saved so much doing it by myself and it was so much fun and gratifying knowing that its my work.
The Finished product! It was $30 for all 3 pieces. It cost $25 for supplies plus $20 for the knobs. So in total it was $75 for all 3. I saw something similar to this on pinterest and they wanted $250 for the desk alone I saved so much doing it by myself and it was so much fun and gratifying knowing that its my work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment